Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Warriors ;; Omen of the Stars ;; The Last Hope


I just finished. It took me two days, which for me is a record with school and homework and the fact that I'm a terribly slow reader. I have to say, I was terribly frightened when I got the book yesterday, with this being the end to one of my FAVORiTE childhood book series. This was what got me into reading. This was my life for the longest time. And this was the final chapter in a long line of cats and prophecies.

And let me tell you, it actually didn't disappoint. In fact, I loved it. I couldn't put it down. I had to keep reading, I had to know how the fight ended. And let me tell you, that was the single best end to the fight I could have ever imagined. It was amazing and I loved it.

I don't even know where to start... I want to start at the beginning, but I can't get the ending out of my mind! Okay,, let's start with Flametail. I was so mad at him at first for being so cold to Jayfeather when he was drowning in StarClan! He was such a sweetie when he was alive! I thought Jayfeather's encounter with him would be simple. "Hey, Flametail, will you tell Littlecloud I didn't kill you?" "Of course, Jayfeather!" I thought it would be all merry and wonderful. Haha, NOPE. But at least he came around. I loved how EVERYONE in this story had a destiny to fulfill. For once the Three weren't the only important people. Flametail got his own moment to shine, even if it was after he died.

I loved the moment when the medicine cats reunited. I absolutely LOVED it. Littlecloud <3 They were the best, bringing their leaders together and all.

But we're getting ahead. Let's move back for a moment. Lionblaze! When he allowed Rowanclaw to shred him, just to prove to Cinderheart that he didn't ALWAYS have to win, I thought she'd drop all notions of Cinderpelt and fall into his arms...er, paws? Right away. They were always so perfect for each other. And I loved that she chose warrior over medicine. 

I loved when Lionblaze left the nursery at the end and ran to find Cinderheart. I loved what he told her. And I loved that she set Cinderpelt free. I really hope that means Cinderpelt will be in StarClan separate from Cinderheart, because they really are completely different people. But anyways, Lion and Cinder, PERFECT.

And then, Half Moon in the prologue? I love how she wants to defend Jayfeather even though she walked the earth so many many many seasons before him and they were never actually alive at the same time... Their love is so adorable <3

Okay, and then Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Hollyleaf admitting to the three parents (Brambles, Squirrels, and Leafie) was AMAZiNG. I loved it. [yesh, I loved a lot of things in this book xD]. I loved that brambles and Squirrels finally made up. AND THE END. When he makes her his deputy? My heart basically just melted right then and there. I was sooooo beyond happy for them!!!

And then HOLLYLEAF. The way she saves Ivypool, and then DiES. I was actually sad. I actually felt bad for her. And then Fallen Leaves grieving for her...<3 And CROWFEATHER. Finally forgiving them! That was the best! How he accepted Leafpool! How he chose Lionblaze over Breezepelt. I loved it. Breezepelt was always a loser anyways xD

And then FERNCLOUD. I cried. I cried for my lovely. She was always my FAVORiTE kind, caring, loving, wondermus, amazing, queen. The way she fought for the kits, the way she loved Dustpelt, the way she gave birth to half the Clan. I loved her. She was the sweetest cat in the entire Clan. Ever. Poor Dustpelt...He'll be broken. He loved her so much... She kept him from being a sourpuss. 

And then MOUSEFUR. That was so sad! She was the best elder ThunderClan ever had. Though, I like that she gets to be with Longtail now. Poor Purdy will be alone. Though, I get the feeling a lot of cats will be joining him soon. Without Firestar, Sandstorm won't have anything left. Graystripe was looking old through Lionblaze's eyes when they were heading for ShadowClan. And Dustpelt is their age, too. The five of then [Fire, Dust, Gray, Sand, and Raven] were those apprentices we saw at the very beginning. Apart from Purdy those remaining are the oldest in the entire Clan now....<3

And then BRiGHTHEART. She is my all time favorite warrior. Ever. AND SHE HAD MORE KiTS. I was always depressed about how she only ever had one kit (though Whitewing is totally amazing, and joined together my two favorite couples {BrightCloud and FernDust} by taking Birchfall as a mate). THREE KiTS. How dang awesome is that? And in her old age. She rocks my life. And the way she was all, to Ferncloud, I am so fighting by your side! I loved that. Absolutely and whole-heartedly. 

Blackstar was so awesome when he killed Redwillow. No other leader would have been so quick and decisive. And it might have seemed as though he did it because he didn't care, but he did it because he DiD. He cared so much about his Clan that he couldn't bear the thought of a traitor. And her certainly couldn't let the traitor live to kill his warriors. I always loved this guy. Blackstar was my all time favorite ShadowClan leader.

Why was Brokenstar the leader of the Dark Forest cats? I always imagine it would be Tigerstar. He was always the one with the agenda. The one with the most evil. The...igh...evil oneee. 

I loved when the StarClan cats showed up. That had to be one of my favorite parts. Honeyfern fighting with Poppyfrost, Runningwind there to run messages again. Lionheart and Whitestorm there to fight. Longtail at Mousefur's side. 

OH, first, the scene where the medicine cats reunite StarClan. That was AWESOME. The way Jayfeather ran, calling out to everyone, telling them to join the long line. I could see that scene in my head, and it looked totally amazing, especially as the four Clans joined each other.

Mothwing was so awesome. Even though she didn't believe in StarClan, she still played a pivotal role in this book as she helped guide Jayfeather. He got a lot of help from RiverClan in this book, didn't he? Considering how Brambleberry came to him before. Which I thought was rather random. Brambleberry was a sweetie and all, but why her? She never had any connection to Jayfeather before, did she? 

I loved how at the beginning Jayfeather was going around checking sick cats and Cinderheart and Leafpool had already beaten him to it. It made me think about how Briarlight was back in the den, ready to sort herbs, and Brightheart was always ready to help treat sick cats. ThunderClan has more medi cats than anywone ever did before xD

Okay, back to the last fight. TiGERHEART. I knew it. I knew it all along. I knew he couldn't be evil. He had to be like Brambleclaw. he had to have seen through his grandfather's lies. I was soo happy and relieved when he admitted it. It made him a thousand times cooler. He is amazing <3

And then FiRESTAR. I died. I'm pretty sure I died right there with him. But, if he had to die, that was the perfect way to go. He killed Tigerstar! He finally completely defeated his age old enemy. I loved how Firestar was the fourth cat. i LOVED that. It made him so awesome. because Fire ALWAYS saves the Clan. He's saved AL the Clans in the course of his nine lives. And even a Tribe or two. Haha, he's the best. When Spottedleaf died, my heart was wrenched. How could they DO that? How could you KiLL Spottedleaf? She was so kind and caring! And when Firestar was all, you were supposed to welcome me, I cried. That was sooo sad!!! I felt so bad for Firestar <3 And Sandstorm... Poor gal, how is she going to live without him? She can't sleep in the warrior's den! She's ALWAYS lived in the leader's den alongside Firestar. I loved them. They were the best couple in the world. I was soo certain she was going to die when Mapleshade attacked her. I was so scared, after losing Hollyleaf and Mousefur, I was sure it was coming. I was so glad when Spottedleaf cam and saved the day. It's just terrible she had to die for it. <3

I love that Firestar killed Tigerstar, and then died on his own. And I loved how the cats that gave him his lives all came back and crowded around his body! Though I think it should have been Cinderpelt, speaking through Cinderheart, who should have said which life each cat gave instead of Jayfeather, considering Cinderpelt was the one that was actually there with him, not Jayfeather.

And then Dovewing's rejection of Tigerheart for Bumblestripe. Not sure exactly how I feel about that. I loved Tigerheart. he was always so sweet and kind and honest. And he admitted he loved her. But there would always be trouble with that relationship. We've seen again and again what happens to forbidden love. And Bumblestripe was sweet on her from the very beginning. He was always so nice and kind to her. Plus he's a son of Graystripe, and I love Graystripe <3

{~credit where credit is deserved~}
~Brightheart~

No comments:

Post a Comment