Thursday, October 27, 2011

Percy Jakson and the Olympians {{Silena Beaurgard}}

So, Silena Beauregard became one of my favorite characters in the last book. Before that, quite honestly, she was simply another camper. But her actions in The Last Olympian set her apart and made me notice her and think about everything she went through and what she did.

She was a daughter of Aphrodite, yet, she was already different because rather than having that too-cool-for-you attitude most Aphrodite girls have, she was kind nd caring and embodied the true characteristics of love. When Percy first cam to camp, he described her as one of the nicer Aphrodite girls.

She gave Percy his first pegasus lesson, and that seems to sweet to me now... She was a clean freak, as we can remember from when she used to be in charge of checking cabins. I loved how she would dock you points for every littl thing ;)

And then her and Beckendorf were the cutest couple in the world. I thought it was adorable how they were together, because it's like an allusion to how Aphrodite and Hephaestus are married ;P Though, Silena and Charlie got along much better than teir parents xD

I didn't really like the idea ofher liking Luke before Beckie because it made her seem more like every other girl we met who fell in love with that guy. I mean, Annabeth, Juniper, AND Silena? He couldn't have been THAAT good looking, right?

Anyways, Luke gets her to be his spy because she liked him at first. Then she stops wanting to be his spy because she relaizes just how evil he really is... But he blacmails her and tells her he'd tell everyone about how she was the spy all along if she didn't continue to aid him.

I felt so bad for her when Beckendorf dies because she knows indirectly it was entirey her fault.

But that turns her around and in the end she knew she had to turn against Luke.

I loved how she wore Clarisse's armor and led the Ares cabin int the Battle of Manhattan. That was just greatt. Ad the way she goes straight for that drakon. I was cheering her on. Though, we all knew it had to be a child of Ares to kill the drakon... When Clarisse comes in and tarts kicking butt, she wa so dang shya-mazing.

I loved their friendship. I mean, two totally unlike girls becoming best friends? Who woulda seen that one?

I was so happy for Silena to have gotten her confession out and off her shoulders before she died. I seriously cried at her death. it was just so sad and heart-wrenching...

She was so brave and passionate and loving and caring and kind and amazing.

She deserved to be in Elysium with her Charlie <3

{credit here credit is deserved}

~Brightheart~

No comments:

Post a Comment