Friday, May 20, 2011

The Hunger Games {{Cinna}}

So, Cinna was one of my all time favorites... Scratch that. He iS my all time favorite chracter in the Hunger Games trilogy. I love how he comes into the picture as a calm and collected stylist.


"The door opens and a young man who must be Cinna enters. I'm taken aback by how normal he looks. Most of the stylists they interview on television are so dyed, stenciled, and surgically altered they're grotesque. But Cinna's close cropped hair appears to be its natural shade of brown. He's in a simple black shirt and pants. The only concession to self-alteration seems to be metallic gold eyeliner that has been applied with a light hand. It brings out the flecks of gold in his eyes. And, despite my disgust with the Capitol and their hideous fashions, I can't help thinking how attractive it looks.
"Hello, Katniss. I'm Cinna, your stylist," he says in a quiet voice somewhat lacking in the Capitol's affectations."
~Cinna's debut, Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, pg.63

I love how he isn't portrayed like normal stylists. How he isn't like the "pets," Octavia, Flavius, and Venia. [i love them <3] I seriously fell in love with him the moment he walked into the pages of the book. I was like, now thaat is one AWESOME guy <3 He's so sweet, and quiet, and STRONG. The way he channels his emotions into his work, rather than showing them in his expressions.

"I want the audience to recognize you when you're in the arena," says Cinna dreamily. "Katniss, the girl who was on fire."
~Cinna's catch phrase for Katniss, Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, pg.67

"Cinna has given me a great advantage. No one will forget me. Not my look, not my name. Katniss. The girl who was on fire."
~At the parade, in flames, Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, pg.78


And I love that it was Cinna who came up with Katniss's appearance. Her everything. Cinna was simply the best <3 Yeahh, he came up with that (:
Cinna did everything for Katniss and Peeta. Got them rolling. Got everyone to love the,. To cheer for them. Cinna was the best stylist anyone could hope for. And a great friend. When she turns and looks at him to answer her questions from Caesar Flickerman, I thought that was so cute <3

And then the way Cinna designs Katniss's 'hobby' for after the Games and creates all the dresses himself and tells her what to say? I though that was hilarious :P Though, I thought Katniss was a tad ungrateful...
And then he makes all her wedding dresses? That was epicc.
And the mockingjay dress at the interview? That had to be one of my favorite scenes. Cinna turned her literally into a mockingjay. Oooh, President Snowey musta been burning up in anger, since he was the one who requested that dress xP
But then, right before the Games when they beat Cinna up? NO. I freaked out! I was like, NO, just NOOO! That can't happen!!!
It's always, ALWAYS, my favorites who have to be killed... And I mean, did he really have to be killed? He couldn't come back in the third book? Really? I still imagine that he's alive somewhere, seeing as how there was no real evidence that he had died.

"I turn the pages slowly, seeing each detail of the uniform. The carefully tailored layers of body armor, the hidden weapons in the boots and belt, the special reinforcements over my heart. On the final page, under a sketch of my mockingjay pin, CInna's written I'm still betting on you."
~Cinna's sketchbook, Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins, pg.43

I love this man so freaking much <3

{credit where credit is deserved}

--Brightheart--
~Akirakokoro~

No comments:

Post a Comment