Sunday, June 5, 2011

Death Note


So, I watched all 37 episodes in 3 days which goes to show a] how good the show is and b] how I use my freetime in the summer ;)

So, now I'm going to use more of my freetime to vent about this show ;]

So be ready. (:

Also, I'm probably going to frequently compare it to Code Geass and some other anime I've seen.

I like talking about characters rather than events, so I'll be going that way :D

CHiEF SOiCHiRO YAGAMi ;; [i also don't like starting with the most important characters] Father of the main character, Light Yagami. Chief headed the Kira investigation until the police dropped the investigation and he left them to join L's investigation. Chief was strong and stubborn. He was ready to give his life and career for the investigation, but he refused to believe his son could be the culprit. That was probably his downfall. But I can understand it. What father would want to know his own son is the monster he's hunting? But, I really liked him. He was strong and a good leader for Matsuda and the rest. When he had to give the notebook for Sayu, I was certain he'd do it without hesitation, being the perfect father and all. But he actually did have hesitation and then I thought he might choose his police role over his fathering one. But that wouldn have done any good, seeing as how Mello would simply have killed them both AND gotten the notebook. And then when Light and Misa are confined and Chief says he wants to be confined as well? That was simply adorable. And how he refused to leave until he was allowed to leave with his son... A true father, till the end... That is, the end when he gets to see that Light was never Kira. Even if it wasn't true, I was glad Soichiro got to at least have that much satisfaction in the end <3

SHUiCHi AiZAWA ;; I didn't really pay much attention to him until the moment he left the task force when the police took their hand out of the investigation. When he meets his family in the park, that was the cutest scene <3 And his hairstyle was my favorite part about him [other than his personality, of course] so I was dissapointed when he cut his hair... I liked how he was openly against L and how he always voiced his opinions, no matter what the consequences. And when he was leaving and Watari lets slip about the money he would have provided  for the families, even after knowing that, he wouldn't back off from the decision he had made. I was sad to see him go and was super happy when he came back. Him and Ide were pretty awesome, having the same thoguhts and all. He always brought them back on topic when they strayed...(: And I loved when he defied Near's orders. I was like, GO AiZAWA, you show him who's boss! :]

KANZO MAGi ;; He was pretty cool. I never even noticed he was part of the team until L had him tail Light :P But after that he became more prominent, even though he never spoke. He was so dedicated and 'efficient from the start' as L put it (: I loved when he was Misa's manager after Matsuda 'died' because he played the excited manager bit so great and hilariously xP I seriously loved this guy <3

TOUTA MATSUDA  ;; Yes, I saved the best for last from the task force. He was the BEST. Matsuda, I loved him from the moment in that first meeting when he talks to Chief. He was always a good comic relief. He was a darned epic person. He voiced his opinions, even when they were leaning towards Kira and he knew everyone would be mad at him for saying it, he still said it. And I like him for that. Even though he was sometimes a wimp and foolish, he was still brave and strong when it counted. I loved the Yotsuba incident. That was the BEST. Though, I have to admit, I seriously thought he was going to die and I was sad. But then he faked his own death and totally got away with it. I loved his drunk act, that was funny ;) And balancing on the balcony? THAAT took some courage, you have to admit. And I bet he loved getting to be 'Misa Misa''s manager. That musta been like heaven for him ;] Matsu was really cute and lovable. I thought it woulda been kinda cute if he and Sayu had gotten together (: I loved how he saw Light's relationships with Misa and Takada as a personal soap opera ;) And how he always knew what was going on on TV :D Him at the end was EPiC. He grew up in those last moments, pulled out a gun and didn't even hesitate to shoot Light. I loved how when Light called his father a fool, Matsu was the one to defend Soichiro. Sad that Matsu was a better son for Chief than Light could ever be, eh? But Matsu so deserved Chief as a father more than Light ever would.

WEDDY ;; Now, I know Weddy was a pretty small character and only there for a few episodes, but I totally loved her! She was so legit. She could break into any place, no matter how tight the security? You have to admit that's a pretty epic...ability ;] I thought she was really calm, cool, and sophisticated. She got those cameras in the Yotsuba meeting room and into Higuchi;s cars pretty easily. That was pretty awesome...


AiBER ;; Aiber and Weddy were cool as a team. I thought they would have been cute as a couple, but I didn't know Aiber had a family at that time. And I felt so bad for them! The little daughter walks into the room and he's ...dead. That was sad. He was really cool though, professional conman ;] I thought it pointless for Light to have killed them. Even if they were bad, they were too good for anyone to catch, they'd never actually been to prison so no one had ever known it was them...and I mean, Aiber had a family!! Plus, Light would never have gotten as far with L on the Yotsuba mess without the two of them!

WATARi ;; Watari, or Quillish Wammy, was the COOLEST. I loved how he was like...the Alfred character! Like, Batman's Alfred. Yeah... He was cool. Did I say that already? And the picture on the left? When he becomes a sniper while catching Higuchi? That was an epic scene ;)Watari's death was overshaodwed by L's, but it was still super sad. The way L is all "Watari?" because he knows something has gone wrong. And then Watari deletes everything and L is like, Oh dang. 'Cause he knows he's next. I love L <3 But, we're talking about Watari, so, geting back to that ;] And how he was actually a famous inventor who built orphanages? Well, it explained why L got driven around in a limo and why Watari was with L in the first place. Yeahh, they were cutee <3

RAYE PENBER && NAOMi MiSORA ;; I thought was pretty cool, though he had a pretty tiny role. The scene when he dies and looks into the train and sees Light Ooh, too good. I felt bad for him, though, seeing as how that was his last day of tailing Light anyways... But the real hero here was Naomi, or Shoko Maki. She was legit. Figuring out that Kira had to have been on the bus and that he can kill in ways other than a heart attack? Now, she was too good. And the fact that she was a former agent herself and had worked closely with L himself? That made her pretty awesome. And the fact that L actually remembered her. Though, both Raye and Naomi's deaths were taken too easily. I mean, I guess Raye got the limelight since L noticed him reaching for the train and that Kira had to have been on the train. But Naomi? She's missing for four months, you assume she's dead, but you don't do anything to actually find the body? And her death was really lame, too. I mean, we spend the entire episode meeting her, learning about her, seeing how dang smart she is, and then she dies? It really should not have been so easy. If she had to die, she shoulda at least have gotten to talk to L first. Make it interesting for him to get the information, and then kill her off. But, with so little female characters as it was, we coulda kept her longer, no?

RYUK ;; Ryuk was a very...interesting shinigami. Haha, to use his own words ;) But seriously. He was HiLARiOUS. I loved his love of apples, since I have a love of apples myself ;] And the way he used to twist up when he didn't get apples? That was pretty funny. He was good company for Light and I think Light enjoyed having him around. He was cool because he dropped the notebook simply out of boredom. Though, I find it hard to believe that Light picking it up was entirely accidental. I mean, it had to have been fate, no? Well, either way, it was awesome that Light did in fact pick it up. And Ryuk having to kill Light at the end? I kinda wonder if Ryuk enjoyed doing it, seriously did feel pity for Light because he might have had to stay in jail or be tortured, of if he didn't even care and really only wrote the name so he wouldn't have to stay on Earth until Light died... That's one thing I wonder about Ryuk...

REM && GELUS ;; Sorry, but I thought they were both losers. Okay, I get Gelus falling in love and dying for the girl and blah-di-blah-di-blah... But then Rem first takes his notebook, then falls in love with the same girl? How lame. So, first, right now Misa has all of Gelus years of life. Then she meets Rem and hlaves her life for the eyes, which Rem is for some reason ready to do, even though she supposedly cares deeply about Misa... I don't get that. And then she won't even give Misa the satisfaction of death when she is confined? No, let's make her forget everything and make this a really awkward situation instead... Whatever. Then Rem can't help but touch Misa with a scrap from the notebook and make her able to see her? And tell her everything that happened? And then Misa halves her life again for the shinigami eyes, and Rem doesn't get mad at Ryuk or anything. And then Rem gives her life for Misa's? Come ON, Rem and Gelus, both. MiSA iS A LOSER. You two did so not need to give your years to her! And now that girl's going to live forEVER....>.< And Rem HAS to kill Watari and L? As if. Why do you have to listen to Light? LiGHT iS ALWAYS WRONG.

KiYOMi TAKADA ;; I totally called she was going to come back later in the series when Light first dated her ;) He just acted to be too into her for her to have just been a side date to Misa. No, I knew she'd be important ;] I thought it was cool how she became the spokesperson after that fat fool, Demegawa. She was pretty cool, working with Mikami and Light. And she took Light being Kira pretty well. I woulda been like, whaaa? xD But, Takada was cool. Yeahh... Though, stripping naked? Was that at ALL necessary? I mean, what was Mello even planning on doing with her clothes? Sending them to Light? :P And then Light KiLLS her. Like, whaat? I seriously thought he liked her. Like, legitimately. 'Cause we all know she liked him. Burns to death... Suicide... Light is CRUEL. And heartless.

TERU MiKAMi ;; I thought Mikami was really cool at first. Like how he defended the weak in the flashbacs and all? He was a cutie. But then, his mother says one thing wrong and so he was HAPPY with her death?  How messed up is that? But he was still pretty awesome, knowing exactly what Light wanted from him. He just went a tad bit overboard... I felt kinda bad for him when he thinks he's going to kill Near && Co. and the task force and he's going all crazy happy deleting. Then he finds he was compeltely wrong xD Felt bad, but at the same time it was like, HAH! You can't beat Near that easily! Near would NEVER reveal his face unless he was entirely completely positive he wouldn't be killed. Anyways, Mikami's death? Igh... He was spurting blood like a fountain! How disgusting :P

HALLE LiNDER ;; She was cool. Again, we needed more females in this show! But I would have liked to see more of her relationship with Mello. Why does he choose her when trying to get to Near? Plus, he shows up while she was in the shower ;) And why does she trust him to take Takada? And why does near look at her when talking about Mello? These are the questions that haunt me...xP But, she was cool. I liked how she caught Misa when Misa was going after Takada for smirking. And how she joins in the dinner between Misa and Takada [the only all girl scene in the entire series] xD

SAYU YAGAMi ;; Small character. I was comparing the entire first half of the series to Code Geass, and so I thought that Sayu would be as important to Light as Nunnally was to Lelouch. But I was wrong. in fact, Light was fully prepared to kill Sayu when Mello caught her and asked to trade her for the notebook. I could not believe Light. Like, he'd become evil, but thaat evil? To kill his own sister? Well, he'd been ready to kill his own father, but still....Crazy.

REiJi NAMiKAWA ;; I know he was a miniscule character, but I thought he was AWESOME. I don't know why, but I liked his calm demeanor, the way he was ready to kisten to L and follow orders... Iloved how he tricked Light into revealing that Higuchi was the Kira among them ;) I felt bad that Light killed him and Mido since they were talking about 'starting fresh' so I assume they were going to work Kira-free anyways...

MATT ;; He was a pretty tiny character, but I just wanted to talk about the scene when he gets out of his car and says he surrenders and the people shoot him a bajillion times. That was HiLARiOUS :P Poor Matt, though... Haha. He was a really super minor character. And apparently only created so Mello would be lonely xD


Mordred, from JLU. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;)

MELLO ;; Okay, I didn't like Mello when we first met him, I didn't like him when he was wit the mafia, and I didn't like him when he kidnapped Takada and DiED. In fact, I was ELATED at his death. Quite elated. It was quite elating. Mello was a loser. And I thought he looked like the son of Morgan le Fay from Justice League Unlimited xD Sorry... He acted like him too. Like a little kid trying to live in a big kid's world. And his eye burn reminded me of Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender. Yeahh, I really didn't find anything original about this guy at ALL...

NEAR ;; Okay, I tried reeally hard not to like him because I saw him as simply an L wannabe... But he was soo hard not to like! He was soo like L, and he was soo adorable! Playing with his toys, figuring things out, and being generally L-like. He even sat like L :P And his hair twirling thing was like L's thing with the lips...Haha. He was cute. And he was wayy ahead of Light. I loved how he even switched the real notebook at the end and made a COMPLETE fool of Light. No, not just a fool, a COMPLETE fool. Yeppers.

MiSA AMANE ;; LOSER. I didn't like her from the start. I mean, if you're going to bring in a female [since there aren't many to begin with] and she's going to be Light's [the main character] love interest and also make L and everyone else fall in love with her, including TWO shinigami, then why in this world can that female to be lovable, or even slightly, remotely LiKABLE by the normal people watching the show? And if we ARE to assume she jumps off the building at the end, that would have been a complete waste of Rem and Gelus's lives since she would have simply thrown away all those years those two shinigami gave to her... I don't know what exactly I would want to believe on that. Because if she died that would make me happy [though I would have preferred if she had died sooner in the series] but it would be a let down for poor Rem and Gelus. Though, if she continues living, would she be able to live in a world without Light//Kira? I personally don't think she'd be able to make it. She worked so hard to make him love her, and in the end, he was just too heartless to have ever cared at all... Poor girl, really.

L ;; L was the best. He was the coolest, and the most legit. He beat everyone in this show. And I have now decided that episode 25 of any show is never good. Episode 25 of Fullmetal was when my beloved Maes Hughes died, and episode 25 of Death Note is when my love, L, lost his life to Rem, the monster and Light, the other monster. Ahh. And then, having to see Light's eyes like that as you died? That had to be TERRiBLE. But he knew. He knew at the very end that he was right about Light being Kira. And his eyes at the end! They weren't all black and empty anymore! They went back to normal <3 But it was soo cute when L said that Light might be his first friend. And then when they were out in the rain and L makes Light come out too and then cleans his feet...<3<3 L was the best (: Light didn't deserve to get to know him >.< Though I found it lame that they made L like Misa too. WHY DiD EVERYONE LiKE MiSA? And in the directer's cut, when Light goes all crazy happy? Like, duude, no one cares about you...

LiGHT YAGAMi ;; We started with a Yagami, I find it only appropraite that we end with one, too ;] Light. I stronglyy disliked him. He was dumb, impulsive, annoying, heartless, and above all EViL. He didn't care about his sister, he was ready to kill her, he didn't care about his father, he wanted him to die, he didn't care about Misa, he was only using her, he didn't care about Takada, she was easy to dispose of. The only person he might, could have cared aout? L. And he got L killed pretty quick. And then he gloated. I thought Light was seriously awesome before he lost his memories. That part was epic. He was strong and evil, and he was going head on with L. Then he loses his memories and became...well, a cutie. But it lasted wayy too long. I missed my evil genius. I had no idea, though, that when he came back it would result in L's death... I would have left him as an ignorant innocent if I had known.... He's SUCH a loser... Igh....


A truly amazing anime. I enjoyed watching it (:

[credit where credit is deserved]

--Brightheart--
~Akirakokoro~

No comments:

Post a Comment